Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Baby Album Series - Ideas for making it truly personal

Helloooo. I know it's been soooo long since I've posted. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the blog. It's just that since then and now, I've had... a baby! And he has been keeping me really busy. We just celebrated his one year old birthday and I realised I haven't scrapped a single layout about him! So I'm starting his First Year baby album and I'll be updating my layouts on the blog.

So here's the first 2 layouts in his album. And to make it really personal, in both of the layouts, I incorporated actual memorabilia.

This is gonna be the first page of my album, and I used my actual ultrasound photos in the layout. I took a photograph of the physical ultrasound printout (you could also scan it), and then opened it in photoshop, extracted the part that I wanted and used it in my layout. I also had a blog post on this when I was on Traci Reed's creative team. You can read the post here. I loved how this layout turned out, and how priceless this it. Ultrasound printouts may fade over time and I'm glad I could preserve it somehow in my boy's baby album.

The layout was done with Traci Reed and Studio Basic's "A Boy's World".


And here's the 2nd page in the album about those precious newborn moments. I've incorporated my actual hospital tag and the hospital card with all the baby details. Similarly, I took a photograph of the items and extracted it using photoshop. I used Digital Scrapbook Ingredients' "Little One" kit and I love the colors and the woodgrain papers in this kit. I loved them so much I decided to use 2 for the layout!


Oh and my layout was also featured on Gallery Standouts! How cool was that!


Well, stayed tuned to more layouts and ideas from my baby album.

No comments:

Post a Comment