Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Flowers that Make Me Happy

About a year ago, when my crafty fingers were itching for something new to do, I was searching for courses on miniature clay food, like these. And in the process I came across these amazing looking flowers made from clay and was just blown away by how realistic and pretty they look. These are by Decoclay:

[Picture taken from www.decoclay.com]
So pretty right? Can't believe they are made entirely out of clay

So I made a mental note and told myself that I have to learn this someday! So one year later, I finally found some time, and located one of the local instructors and started on my Flower Course 1. This is the most fundamental Decoclay course and teaches you the basic techniques of hand sculpting flowers. There are 10 modules (or projects) to complete. The clay used is Decoclay from Japan, which is an air-dry clay. I love this clay as it is light weight, extremely pliable, and it doesn't sticks to your hands and leave icky residue (like some other types of clay).

So I'm almost done with my C1 course, and here are some of my completed projects.

This is the first project that I did, a Mirror with mini roses


The 2nd project - Rose and Seashell wreath. This is the first time I'm learning to
make the full size rose, my roses look like they have been through some rough
handling. Haha


Box arrangement with Hibiscus, Plumeria and Gardenia


The other view of the box arrangement showing the Gardenia.
This is one of my favourite flowers that I made  

Favour box with Orchids. I know they look a little weird but I adore the colours

Favour box with Tiare, looking a little oversized. Haha


Flower basket with Roses, Sunflower, Eucharis and
Daisies. This is by far my favorite among all the projects


Mini Bouquet - Roses, Anemone, Stephanotis, Peony.
I love how the bouquet turned out!

Mini Bouquet - The other view showing the peony
  
The C1 course includes making 3 figurines as well.
This is the teddy bear and the mini flowers are just so cute. 
There are 3 more projects that I didn't feature, the stem flowers (gerberra and daffodil), angel and santa clause. I didn't take a picture of the stem flowers and I'm on my way to completing the angel and the santa clause!


No comments:

Post a Comment